the KonMari Method™
The KonMari Method™ is widely regarded around the world as one the most effective decluttering methods and my work centers around her teachings. Unlike other professional organizers, I don't want to waste anyone's precious time and money on cleaning the same areas over and over. What you need is a technique that works so that you have a home for each of your loved belongings. Once your home is put together, all you will need to do is return items back to where they belong.
- Commit to tidying up your space in one shot, as quickly and as thoroughly as possible. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, not a never-ending daily chore.
- Identify and visualize your ideal lifestyle to stay committed and help prevent relapse.
- Tidy by category, not by location.
- Books & Magazines
- Sentimental Items
- Hold each item in your hands and ask yourself "Does this spark joy?"
- Thank the items you part with to show gratitude and release guilt.
- Finish choosing all items you wish to keep before permanently storing.
- Stand folded clothes vertically to optimize space and see to be able to see every item.
- Divide storage in square or rectangle compartments (shoe boxes are great to use.)
- Give each item a home.